I have a little over one month left to complete my experiment. Again, for a reminder, here are the goals I set:
In case you forgot what the goals were, I will re-list them.
1. To lose 30 lbs.
2. To book 3 paying modeling gigs.
3. To have performed on stage at least 5 times.
4. To have written 4 new songs.
5. Run a 5K
6. To have significantly made a difference in someone’s life.
And here is my status update:
1. To lose 30lbs. – I’m down 5. I have 30 days to lose 25 more! Eep! But I’ve really upped the work on this end. For the next 30 days, I’m cutting out bread, pasta, and sugar completely. I’ve also been nannying an 8 year old, which has definitely got me running around! So, I’m really going to tackle this one!
2. To book 3 paying modeling gigs. – I booked and completed one. I also booked 2 trade shoots (but those don’t qualify). So I have 2 more to go.
3. To have performed on stage at least 5 times. – DONE! I had 2 auditions and an open mic tonight (both mine and Daniel’s first!). A karaoke performance, and an impromptu performance at a wedding reception on Saturday. Then this week we was booked to perform “Shadows of the Sun” for a 9/11 memorial and the next day I have an audition for the Glamazons. That puts me at 7!!
4. To have written 4 new songs. – I have written Shadows of the Sun, Big City, Left Wondering and I’m almost finished with The Light. This goal will be done by the end of this week. I also have some beats I’m working on getting done.
5. Run a 5K. – I’m not too much further than I was after the last Progress Report. I got sick and then hurt my back, so that set me back a bit. I’ll have to really hit the ground running on this one on Monday, but I’m gonna do it.
6. To have significantly made a difference in someone’s life. – I had written about joining Youth at Risk in my last Progress Report and I have officially completed the training and have been accepted into the program! I’m really excited about this! I feel like both my mentee and myself will experience quite a bit of life changing through this experience! 🙂
I’m getting there, and I’m gonna DO the damn thing! Anyway, to follow the final 30 days, like me on Facebook or follow me on Twitter.