So, the 15th was the final day of the experiment.
Here is the final count:
1. To lose 30 lbs. – Nope. I’m still at the down 5lbs mark. HOWEVER, because of this challenge I’ve learned that I had some pretty significant medication problems that were preventing me from losing weight. Since I have discovered that I will be able to address the issue to make this goal possible. At least I’m on the right track!
2. To book 3 paying modeling gigs. – Done!
3. To have performed on stage at least 5 times. – Done! I left this count actually at 7 performances!
4. To have written 4 new songs. – Done! This is actually 5 songs, 2 partials, and 4 new ideas I’m working with!
5. Run a 5K – Done! I actually ran 2 different 5ks, and improved my time by 5 minutes on the second one!
6. To have significantly made a difference in someone’s life. – In progress (as it should always be) but I am officially doing the Youth at Risk mentorship program! I’ve committed to volunteering a minimum of 9 months with the program, so I feel like I can check this off as well!
So, this journey hasn’t been without emotions. I have definitely experienced ups and downs and it’s been quite the battle, but I’m proud of my progress, and I plan on approaching each challenge in the same vein.. tackling the problem as if I am not emotionally wound up, rather than let my fears and insecurities hold me back! This, of course, is an uphill battle.
More to come…
Like me on Facebook or follow me on Twitter to hear more ramblings and musings…